on orders over $99
We offer wholesale clothes to screen printers and customers all around the US. We know that it can be hard enough to find the right fit, color, and style of clothing. When you've found those perfect threads, don't make the mistake of creating unnecessary wear and tear. Preserve the quality and extend the life of your wholesale clothing by following some of these simple steps.
There are a few basic concepts that you can use when caring for your wardrobe. Let's discuss one of the most integral parts of clothes maintenance: WASHING AND DRYING.
1. Turn screen-printed (silk-screened) shirts inside out before washing. This helps preserve the print longer.
2. Wash t-shirts together, away from jeans, jackets and zippers.
3. Separate by fabric (light fabrics/whites & heavy fabrics/towels) and wash in cold water to prevent colors from running.
4. Always fold neatly before storage and store in dark, dry places. Don't allow your clothes to sit in the sun as they may fade.
5. If possible - skip the dryer and air dry. This will preserve the shirt longest - though it's not possible in some climates.
Some of the biggest mistakes people make with clothes maintenance start with the washer & dryer; throwing all kinds of clothes in, overdrying some and underdrying others. It's usually best to go with gentle cycles and colder water when in doubt. Turning clothes inside out can go a long way to saving the integrity of them. Many clothes such as jeans and jackets can go quite a while without washing & drying, by spot-cleaning.
Of course, it's always best to read the directions on the label of the shirt before washing. Taking certain clothes to the dry cleaner is absolutely necessary if you want to preserve it. Suits and jackets are the most common, but certain shirts require dry cleaning as well.
Do you have any of your own personal tips for preserving clothes? We'd love to hear them - please email us at email@example.com
We take your privacy seriously and will not share or publish your email address.